Thursday, April 23, 2009

Black Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting


Is this not the most delectable piece of cakery that you have ever seen? Isn't it? Well, I know what you're thinking...

I made this cake yesterday afternoon from a recipe I found on a friends blog. It was a fairly easy recipe. The cake came out extremely moist. It was much better than store bought cake or even the crap from the packages.

I made a peanut butter frosting that was made up of: 1/3 cup of margarine, 1 cup of peanut butter, 3 tbs. of milk (or as needed) and 2 cups of icing sugar.

Finally, just for fun, and based off of inspiration of my friends blog, I melted some chocolate chips with margarine and canola oil and drizzled it on the top.

Needless to say the cake is almost gone, which is to be expected. Though, I'm pretty sure my family is getting irritated by me asking them, "Does it taste ok?". I mean, it was made from SCRATCH.


That's all for now folks, so I'll talk to you when I talk to you... which will hopefully be soon :)

p.s. I'M DONE MY FIRST YEAR OF UNIVERSITY!
I mean, I'm probably gonna take a summer course for two months or so... but still!


Also, here is the link to my friends blog!
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...