Sunday, January 24, 2010

Molten Chocolate Cakes



First and foremost, I must tell you about my new hand mixer. I'm not one to gloat about my kitchen supplies, because they aren't world class, but I love my new Sunbeam mixer. Not only is it a billion times faster than the old one, but beating egg whites takes about 1/8 of the time. Ah, life is good. Of course, the optimal choice would have been a stand alone KitchenAid mixer, but beggars can't be choosers... sigh.

Now...

MMM..... Chocolate Lava Cake. What more could anyone ask for? After an amazing roast beef, with mashed potatoes and gravy, and broccoli dinner a la dad, we got to indulge like royalty on Chocolate Lava Cakes a la Joy of Baking website, a la me. Basically, I made it, with the Joy of Baking recipe.

For something that looks so intricate I never expected it to be so easy! When stuff is gooey in the center, I naturally assumed that there was some special trick to it. Nope, just plain old 'not cooking it for as long'. Not to mention that it didn't have any flour. The whole recipe consisted mostly of eggs, sugar, chocolate, and butter. Four of natures greatest ingredients.

Now, down to what you really want. The recipe: Simple, quick, and down right delicious.



Molten Chocolate Cakes:
Ingredients needed -

1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 ounces (3/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
3 large eggs, seperated
1/3 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 tablespoon granulate white sugar




Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Your new mixer is too cute. Thanks for reminding me how much I love lava cakes.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my new blog. My best friend has celiac disease so I like to make a lot of gluten-free recipes. This molten cake looks A-mazing. I will probably be trying that recipe soon. I'll be following you're blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the easiet and best recipe ever! I love serving it for dessert. When are you going to post more of what you have baked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I will be using a convection (fan) oven so should i reduce the temp or did you use a fan oven as well ?

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...