Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chocolate Covered Oreo Cookie Cake for Dad

Dear Dad,

For the twenty years I've been alive you've loved me. You've held me. You've stayed by my side.
For the twenty years  I've been alive you've not once judged me for who I am. You've never stopped believing in me. You've never tried to stop me from reaching for the stars.

For the next twenty years I will continue to love you. I will hold you. I will stay by your side.
For the next twenty years I will not judge you for who you are. I will not stop believing in you. I will not stop you from reaching for the stars.

When I look at us and our interests, we could not be more polar opposite. I use to think I could never live up to your expectations of a son because you love sports, and unfortunately, I've never bee much of an athlete. I love creating. I love baking. I love blogging.

For a long time I use to think that those differences would just keep us apart, but as I sit here and write this I realize that what sets us apart as individuals only makes us stronger as father and son.

I love you.




Back to baking. Is it possible for something edible to be considered sinful? Because I think this cake may just send me straight to hell. Something this good can only lead to bad places, right?

God bless you Kraft.


I made this cake for Father's Day. It's two round chocolate cakes with a filling of cream cheese, Coolwhip, and Oreo. I spooned melted chocolate over the top.


Recipe via KraftCanada.com

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food chocolate cake mix
4 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 cup butter, cut up
1 pkg.  (250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups  thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
12   Oreo Cookies, coarsely crushed

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on package in two 9-inch round baking pans. Cool 5 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. 2. Microwave chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 3 to 4 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and crushed cookies. Place one cake layer, top-side down, on serving plate. Spread top of layer evenly with cream cheese mixture. Cover with remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon chocolate glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.



The only word for this cake is heavenly. No other word could possibly describe it. It's just... It's everything I could ever want in a cake with just a little extra pleasure.

Is it wrong to feel this way about a cake? Is it wrong that I want to lather myself in it while rolling around on the floor? Too much information? Fine, I want to eat it all, really fast. Is that better?

Until next time, happy baking!

-Jordan
Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Totally relate to the whole "dad likes sports, I'm not an athlete" part". I do enjoy playing sports even though I'm horrible at them though but if I had to choose btwn sports and baking, I choose baking hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can attest to this cake being "sinfully delicious" ... once again Jordan, you've surpassed yourself. Nice sentiments about your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! This looks soooo good. Perfect Father's Day dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I’m counting calories and I’m very careful not to eat snacks and treats, I think I would have made an exception for this cake. Not only for the looks and the way it taste but for the reason it was made. A father always loves his son, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a great tribute to your dad. It made me feel are warm and tingly inside. That cake looks EPIC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so good, I want to make it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to skip the making part and jump straight into the eating part ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully written. And I'm not much into sweets, but that cake looks freaking delish.

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads

    ReplyDelete
  9. gossshhh I love Oreos, cake, and my dog's name is Oreo, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That looks scrumptous. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh!My! That is one BEAUTIFUL cake - YUMMMM!

    xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cake, you definitely need a glass of milk with this one.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...