Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nothing but Cupcakes

My feet ache. My eyes feel like they're being weighed down my two anvils, and dear god I'm hungry for something other than frosting and cupcake crumbs.

I started baking this time last night until about 11PM and then started baking again today for another five hours. That's a lot of time to stand around and mix things, especially when theirs no hope for compensation, preferably in the form of several different coloured pieces of paper, valued at $20 and $50. Is that too much to ask?



You're probably wondering why I seem to be rambling on about what appears to be nothing. Well, the reason I'm exhausted, without money, and plus about a billion cupcakes is a work thing. No, not for me. How can I have a work thing when I don't have a job? Silly. No. It's an annual thing for my mom's work. Every year, around this time, everyone in her group goes bowling and then comes back to our house and sits around, talks, and eats. This year, I semi-volunteered/ semi-was told to make cupcakes.
When I semi-agreed/ semi-had the job forced on me it was a no brainer as to what cupcakes would be fashioned for the splendid gathering of the finest social gathering in all of the East Ottawa suburbs. Why yes, only the best.

Don't worry. It's not nearly as fancy as my horrible mock of old english language made it sound. But, this draft season we lined up some great contenders. Two of the cupcakes are always a crowd please, but the other one is yet to be tested. I have full confidence in it's ability to bring people to their knees.

What cupcakes did I bake you ask? Well...

-Vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream frosting and shaved sweetened coconut to garnish
- Mocha Kit Kat Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and Kit Kat bites to garnish
- Vanilla cupcakes with a Reese's cup hidden inside each and peanut butter buttercream frosting


I know. Just take a second and fathom the deliciousness that you know you want to experience. Just take a second. I'll wait...

Good?

I promise to post the recipes very soon, but as of now I can barely keep my eyes open. I've somehow found myself laying on the floor as I type this. I really hope I can get up to go to bed.

I hope that, for now, some very nice pictures of the cupcakes and the mess I made will suffice. However, if you really would like to know the recipes for any of the frosting or cupcakes, feel free to e-mail me. I'm also up for being BFFs. How's that sound?


Until next time, happy baking!


-Jordan
Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. yum!!! my sister made amazing cupcakes yesterday with jam in the middle and jam in the buttercream icing...so good! x :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to try the peanut butter ones! Actually they all look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those Reese's Peanut Butter Cup cupcakes will look glorious in my kitchen :) Can't wait to try my own hand at em! ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Resse's cupcakes look delicious.. oh my goodness. * 3*

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh these look soo good! I get asked/told to bake cupcakes for people all the time too. Sometimes I end up finishing at 1-2am. Life's a drag and you have no excuse when you're unemployed. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. They looks fabulous. Can't wait for the recipes.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gimme one of those Reese's ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...