Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cake Pops



I figured I could take this time to tell you a little bit more about me. So, for your curiosity, or amusement, however you want to look at it, here are five things that you may not have known about me.

1. I am an extremely inpatient person. It's a character flaw, I admit it, but I can't get over it. It's not that I'm in to instant gratification or anything, but I just like things done in a timely fashion. That's not too much to ask, right? After all, where would we be in this world if we let the people who walk slowly down the hall run the place?

2. I love clothes. This can become extremely problematic, because as far as I know I'm the only boy out there who practically begged his sister to get a wedding dress with an empire waistline. I'm also the only guy I know who watches TV and points out the dresses I really like and quickly note people of interest who I think would look good wearing it.


3. I can't read a book more than once. I don't care if it's the Bible or Harry Potter, I just can't. I always raise an eyebrow at the fiction fanatics out there who brag about the fact that they've read the Twilight series six times, or they're reading the Harry Potter books again to celebrate the release of the movie. I'm all for enjoyment and if you love the books, then more power to you. But unless it's a book of dresses and fast moving people, don't expect me to read it twice. Then again, The Berenstain Bears were read several times throughout my childhood, so maybe I'm contradicting myself?

4. I'm a huge fan of musicals. As a child, according to Mom, I wouldn't watch TV (which lasted until I was about six, I'd bet) but I could always be counted on to sit down and watch a movie. Well, at an early age I quickly fell in love with the classics, like Annie, Mary Poppins, and Oliver. Much to the chagrin of my parents, I wasn't content with just watching the movie once, or even once a day. No, I needed that sucker played over and over. By the time I was four I knew all the words to all the songs in all three movies. Even now, I don't mind sitting down and watching them. However, these days my life has been taken over by more modern musicals, including Hairspray and Mamma Mia! Don't judge me.


5. I have dreams of being the first Human Rights activist who helps in global development and aid relief by serving cupcakes, because I truly believe that a cupcake can make anyone feel better. Instead of fighting that guy over there, eat a cupcake. Instead of not signing that peace treaty, eat a cupcake and sleep on it. It's a completely brilliant plan. I was even thinking about naming the initiative CFH, which stands for Cupcakes For Humanity. By now you're probably laughing, or thinking that I'm kidding, but I'm completely serious. Again, don't judge me.
 
I'd love to know more about all of you too. If you have a chance leave a comment below letting me, and anyone else who reads this, know something unique about you! If you're not up for posting it to the world, you can always e-mail me at jordandamico AT gmail DOT com.

Now on to the reason you've all come here. Cake Pops. This idea, of course, comes from the fabulous Bakerella who has single handedly inspired foodies everywhere to put down that fork and try eating cake off of a stick. It's so simple, yet so brilliant. Cheers to her!


The recipe is very simple and the directions are very straight forward. However, I found I came into trouble when it came time to coat the cake balls in the melted chocolate. It's unfortunate to say that I lost a few men along the way.

The Cake Pops that I made above were decorated by using icing scribblers and sprinkles. Of course, you can do whatever you want!

Recipe via Bakerella

I hope you all enjoy making them! I know I did. Well, I did once they were done... After they took me an entire day to complete. -Sigh-

Until next time, happy baking!

-Jordan

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. I am personally loving the idea of CFH! Also I have discovered with cake pops that you need to secure them to the stick with the candy melts and that when that starts to get soft they will fall so I noramlly work in 1/3 batches while the rest are in the fridge or freezer. You can visit my blog for more delicous cake pop ideas.
    http://busylizzybows.blogspot.com/2010/07/cake-pops.html
    Weird fact about me... I hate toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an extremely impatient person? Well, now ignoring my emails just seems like hypocrisy. You're lucky I'm a very patient person.

    Cake pops would look much better if doused in dark chocolate, but to each his own. I haven't baked much in the past few weeks, and I've been trying to eat better as a whole... yeah that's a so-so effort. Get back to me, would you?

    Oh, new sidebar looks very snazzy. Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading the Harry Potter series for the second time. : )
    Not because I'm celebrating the release of a movie, but because it is a good series. And reading a book a second time is a great before-bed activity. If I start a new book, I get so "into" it that I don't want to go to bed... I want to know what happens next. Since I've already read these, and know what happens, I can put the book down and get a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey kitchen dude! Just stopped by to say I think you're cool - do what you like, and nevermind what everyone else says.... and to ask you a favor... which you might like since you're into fashion and that sort of stuff...

    I've entered a contest to win a role on the retro-fabulous TV show "Mad Men" - but I need your vote to win!

    If you don't mind taking two seconds to vote for me, please go to my blog or use the link below, which takes you right to my photo page.

    http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/EZ3MBH

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Liz
    I did try the stick in the candy melts and left them in the fridge for quite some time. However, my luck is prone to not being very good when it comes to simple instructions (it's my own fault really). Some still fell off, but I managed to save most of them :)

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...