Friday, January 7, 2011

No Bake Frozen S'mores and New Years Resolutions

IMG_3043

I try my best not to make New Years resolutions. After years and years of failed attempts to make my life significantly better, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just better off not setting myself up for disappointment. So, as the New Year starts off, I thought I'd share with you my top ten favourite New Years resolutions that I've made throughout my life. 

Promise not to laugh?

10. Eat more vegetables
I think we all know that no matter what age I was at, that one would never have come true.
9. Help out around the house more
But honestly, aren't my efforts better focused on being in the kitchen making the mess? I can see where some people would disagree, but if you've ever seen me try and clean a bathroom, you'll know what I mean.
8. Exercise
Yeah, ok!
7. Do better in school
I'm a firm believer that no matter your IQ or your GPA, you can still lead a successful, happy life. Or at least that's what I tell myself to help me sleep at night.  
6. Become a Power Ranger
I think at one point or another we all wanted this. But it just makes good sense.
5. Stop making New Years resolutions
I think after 6-10 failed I realized that it just wasn't going to work out for me. Clearly, this one failed too.
4. Learn to play guitar
I had it in my head that I wanted to be just like Taylor Swift, except without the long blonde hair and the fact that I'm a boy.
3. This would be the year I'd finally discover my magical powers
If you know me, you'll know that I pretty much walk around the house pretending to curse or blast invisible bad guys. I don't think I've quite outlived my youth.
2. Use bigger and fancier words in every day vocabularyI tried reading the dictionary for a day. Turns out that reading the dictionary is better than any sleeping pill.
1. Remember to clean up my dishes after I'm done baking
Following through with this will guarantee less face-time with your mom.
  
IMG_3053
If you're judging me right now, I don't care. 
That's a lie. I really do care. But at least I have these delicious No-Bake Frozen S'mores and you don't. At least not yet!

I found this recipe on Indian Simmer. For those who've yet to see her blog, I highly recommend you take a gander (#2) at her amazing photos and recipes. She's my hero.

No Bake Frozen S'mores adapted from Indian Simmer
Ingredients
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
2 cups miniature marshmallows
12 pieces sugar wafers
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (but I used butterscotch chips instead)
a few more sugar wafers for garnish

Method:

1. Heat the cream in a pan until the sides start to bubble. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and mix it all together until the chocolate melts. Let it sit and cool for a few minutes and then add the marshmallows, yogurt and wafers which have been broken into small bite sizes.
2. Line a flat dish with foil. Pour the mixture in to the dish and spread evenly. Garnish with walnuts (or butterscotch chips) and sugar wafers and pop it into the freezer.
3. Let it chill for a few hours.
4. When you're not eating them I recommend keeping them in the freezer. They melt fairly quickly if left out for too long.

IMG_3045
Enjoy!

Until next time, happy baking!

-Jordan

Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

  1. yum! And I know exactly what you mean! I'm about to post about my failure as a new years resolution keeper..:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look and sound delicious! Haha, love your resolutions they sound very close to mine. Except the power ranger one....I'd like to become a ninja ;D And the guitar one...I'm truly very music challenged, I'd probably end up deafening someone lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good, so much delicious chocolate in them! And I love the photos!
    We have a couple of resolutions in common. I think my childhood dream was to become Sailor Moon though, instead of a power ranger :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe choice, Prerna from Indian Simmer is the best! Your version came out beautifully. I really like that last picture, makes me want to reach out and grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for trying the recipe and for your kind comments Jordan! aren't that s'mores addictive? Great post and gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great easy recipe! These are perfect decadent little treats for eating! You don't have to bake to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look SO. GOOD! I love resolution #6...I always wanted to be the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look just totally and utterly impossible to resist! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...