Friday, June 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Krispie Chocolate Buttercream and What I'd Do If I Won the Lottery

peanutbuttercupcakes

I've often spent many minutes hours thinking about the things I would do if I won the lottery. I like to get my family going with games of "What Would You Do/ Buy Me If You Won the Lottery?". I love hearing everyone's answers. The answers are always fairly evenly split, between the people who are responsible and would choose to invest their winnings and live off of the interest and then you have the other people who say stuff like, "I'd by a 2-4 and have a killer roof party!" Granted, I've never met those people, but I'm sure they exist. Somewhere.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I often daydream about what I'd do with my life if money was no object. After several years of planning and calculating, I think I have it down to at least a top five.

1) I'd travel and I don't meant to Toronto and back. I mean, I'd buy a private plane and fly all around the world so that I could literally have parties in the sky. I'd name my plane Air Jordan and then probably get sued by Michael Jordan. Either way, I'd have a plane.

2) I'd buy a really, really big house and I mean a mother of a house. It would have like eighteen floors, six pools, a jacuzzi in every room, a tennis court on the roof, eighteen butlers with English accents, a gym that's just for show, a helicopter pad without the helicopter because, please, let's not get carried away, and probably one or two guest houses so that I'd have extra room to decorate.

3) I'd move to a really fancy city, like New York or LA and become some sort of socialite and become BFFs with other really famous people like Britney Spears or the Kardashians. I'd be known as "that fame whore who hasn't even done anything" which means I'd fit in perfectly with Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe. A reality show would also be imminent.

4) I'd probably shop a lot. It's no secret that I love clothes, especially cashmere, and I always say the fancier the better. I wouldn't even bother bargain hunting because, like I said in number 1, money would be no object, so I'd frivolously buy stuff and just store it in my Carrie Bradshaw sized closet.

5) I'd probably give a lot of money to my two sisters so that they can enjoy partaking in number 3 with me and we could all hang out with famous people together. Like the Kardashians, we'd get our own reality show that would primarily focus on me and my fame obsessed ways but, over time, the general public would learn to like my sisters, so they'd probably get a perfume deal or something. But I'd always be considered the sex symbol.

I know it's nothing fancy like curing diseases or stopping world hunger, but dreaming about the lottery is meant to indulge your materialistic fantasies. Of course I'd give to charity!

What I wouldn't give to charity is these cupcakes, because holy cow they're amazing. Just kidding, I'd probably give one away. Or two.

My question to you is this: If you won the lottery, what would you do?

peanutbuttercupcakemilk

This is a peanut butter cupcake from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes with a chocolate  buttercream frosting, infused with Rice Krispies to give the topping a little extra crunch. Who'd have thought that adding so little could make such a big difference?

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Krispie Chocolate Buttercream via Martha Stewart
 
Yield | 22 cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted, roasted peanuts (which I did not use)

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375'F  and line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until pale and fluffy. Mix in the peanut butter and then add eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the vanilla and gradually the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Mix in the sour cream and the peanuts. I didn't add the peanuts. I got my crunch from the krispies.
4. Divide the batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake the cupcakes, rotating halfway through. Bake for 22 minutes, until cupcakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the tins on a wire rack. 

Krispie Chocolate Buttercream adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups icing sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
1 cup Rice Krispies

Directions:
1. Cream butter until pale and creamy. Add the icing sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until well combined. Add the vanilla.
2. Melt the chocolate and once cooled, fold it into the frosting. Fold in Rice Krispies.
3. Pipe or spread a generous amount on to each cupcake.
4. Enjoy!

Until next time, happy baking!

-Jordan
Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. If I won the lottery I would try and fund world peace. Just kidding. I'd go shopping; pay off everyone's mortgages; find a deserted beach somewhere and lie in the sun; and oh yeah, buy you a one-bedroom condo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and i play this game whenever we go on road trips. it's fun, wishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog on foodgawker, and am now adding it to my bookmarks. So fun to read! And those cupcakes look fantastic. As for the lottery thing, that's always a fun game. My answer usually involves travel, a private island, paying off debt, and a ranch for homeless animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many eggs go in the cupcakes? they seem to have been left off the ingredients list... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about that! I've updated the post. It calls for 3 large eggs, at room temperature. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool! What a great idea with the rice crispies... I never would've come up with that! Sounds delicious. And that cupcake balancing in the glass photo is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Depending on how much I won would really determine what I would do but definitely travel would be first. Family second. Would love to escape to my own island and just stay.
    Nice cupcake recipe to try, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'd go 50/50 - 50% of the money would let me indulge in what I wanted, and 50% would go to a charity of some sort!

    And I'd definitely invest in supplies to make these cupcakes over and over and over again! They sound so delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd definitely use some of the money to go travel europe and get my taste buds on as many different flavors as possible! After that, I'd probably do a nice remodel of my kitchen! And then make these cupcakes! They look so good! We have a peanut allergy in the house, do you think almond butter would be an ok substitute?
    ~Nancy Lewis~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe you provide is Really Mind Blowing. I Really Like This. Cakes with Chocolate is my favorite Items.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me, but Jesus Christ! These photos are phenomenol! Very impressive!

    I like all your plans, but I'd be boring with the money if I ever won the lottery. I'd just put it in the bank and keep spending as usual. Maybe I'd spoil myself with a shopping spree every now and again, but I'd be too afraid of people seeing me differntly to change my lifestyle all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lot of work! Good on you for tackling it yourself. The molding makes everything look so polished. Found you today via one of the link parties. Now to check out all your other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom used to think a lot about lottery. How she would spend it once she won it. First, she wanted to build apartments and save money for us, her children. I think there is nothing wrong with daydreaming. Elders often say that the more you think about it the more it can be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look very delicious. I can't resist my eyes to look again and again. Really a mouth watering food. I'm getting any hungry for this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a fun game. I would travel around the World and spoil my family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That peanut butter cupcakes looks great to eat.Your question about the lottery is one familiar questions to all people who are dreaming of winning the lottery.

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...