Thursday, July 28, 2011

Deep Dish Dessert Pizza and How I Can Be Fickle

IMG_5660

I can be a very fickle person. I try not to be, but I can't help it. I like things a certain way and I really, really, really don't do well with change. Over the years I've gotten progressively worse, mostly because as I've gotten older I've become increasingly like an old man in that just the idea of someone touching my stuff and maybe, potentially breaking it, gives me a heart attack.

I hold firm on the idea that I don't mind sharing, as long as you ask first and don't grab my only copy of Mean Girls on DVD and wipe your nose with it. Then, you and me, we have problems. It's mostly material possessions. I just like my things in a certain way, be it chaotic and disorganized, and no one should mess with it.

"Please, please don't touch that!"

"Why? It's just on a pile of stuff."

"K, seriously, I have a system, and you touching the crowning piece is just ruining everything. I don't think we can be friends anymore. Get the hell out of my house."

That's a tad dramatic and thankfully it's never come to that, but believe me, I've thought about it.

IMG_5678

The one thing I absolutely can not, will not, share, is my Deep Dish Dessert Pizza. Not only is it mine and no one elses, but it's pretty much food of the god's and that makes it divine. We all know what happens when you mess with divinity, right...?

Yeah, me either, but it probably isn't good.

IMG_5665




Deep Dish Dessert Pizza
Serves approx. 8 small pieces

Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
20 marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 shredded coconut

Directions:
1. Make Rice Krispie treats, following the recipe here. Instead of spreading the treats out in a rectangular pan, take an 8-inch cake pan and line with tin foil and then spray with cooking spray. This will allow you to lift the treats from the pain easily and remove the tin foil with ease. Once the treats are in the pan, and before placing in the refrigerator to cool, press the sides of the treats up like you would a pie crust to make it look like a pizza.
2. Once the crust is cooled, remove from the pan and remove the tine foil. Coat the top, minus the outer few inches, with the Nutella, the strawberry jam, and the coconut. Arrange the fruit however you like and top with a bit more coconut.
3. Slice with a pizza cutter or knife if it's easier, and ENJOY!


Let me know if you try this. I have a feeling it would be a great idea for a birthday party!

Until next time, happy baking!

-Jordan

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

  1. You had me at Nutella....That looks so yummy. I would have never thought to use the rice krispies. I probably would have went straight for some kind of cookie crust....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. I would have to let others touch this pizza.... otherwise I would just eat the whole thing in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with my stuff. GTFO, peeps! Lol.

    That rice crispy crust is genius. This sounds soooooooooooooo good. Also, I love the pictures. They're dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You still need to give me back my dvd i lent you that you've kept for like 3 years!

    Rise krispies are good with anything and anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the most common Rhinoplasty Miami is called "closed rhinoplasty."
    In a closed rhinoplasty, all of the incisions used for the surgery are hidden
    inside the nostrils. This, of course, if a benefit because
    it means that the scars will be entirely invisible to the casual observer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Seen On TV products we’re confident you will find what you’re looking for.
    Seen On TV Spot includes Billy Mays products which are some of the hottest
    As Seen On TV products available.
    Seen on TV Spot guarantees safe and
    secure ordering options to ensure our customers have an optimal shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pizza dessert looks delicious. Amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have done a great thing. Thank you for sharing like this special post with excellent recipe. I loved it actually

    Food Home Delivery Chennai

    ReplyDelete

I love you all for reading! Your support means everything!

If you have any questions regarding recipes, posts, or use of photographs, whip up some buttercream, then send me an e-mail: kitchenkarate(AT)gmail(DOT)com. You shouldn't have to wait too long for a reply. I'm a computer fiend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...